9. THE TEN TENORS are Australian. Who doesn't like to hear Australians talk? Or sing? Recall that some other male Australian singers include these guys:
- How many tenors does it take to change a lightbulb? None - he thinks it's the accompanist's job.
- How many tenors does it take to change a lightbulb? Six. One to do it, and five to say, "It's too high for him."
- How can you tell when a tenor is really stupid? When the other tenors notice.
6. THE TEN TENORS have developed a following for performing the music of Freddie Mercury and Queen, but now that there's a Broadway musical, We Will Rock You, using the music of Queen, it is likely we will still get to hear "Somebody to Love" at the Broadway-themed concert.
3. THE TEN TENORS are not stodgy, stuffy male singers. They are fun-loving Australian blokes with an average age of 26 years.
2. Included in the list of music from which they will select their February 8 set is Broadway music from modern musicals like Les Miserables, Once, and Wicked, but also more classic Broadway like Guys and Dolls, West Side Story, and The Sound of Music. Check out the possible set list; there's something for all Broadway lovers here!
1. The fall 2004 presentation of THE TEN TENORS at Sangamon Auditorium was one of the most energetic audience favorites in the past ten years. Were you there at the 2004 performance?