Friday, October 16, 2009
Family Fun tonight with Darwin the Dinosaur
Tonight's Family Series at UIS event, Darwin the Dinosaur, is destined to be great fun for all ages! As is often the case with our Family Series events, the lobby will be buzzing with activity in the hour prior to the performance. From 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., families will be able to take in the following fun activities:
- Coloring pages from http://www.springfieldmoms.org/, series sponsor
- A stamping project from LLCC's Community Learning office / College for Kids
- Live radio remote from series media sponsor, KISS-FM
- A telephone wire sculpture project somewhat reminiscent of the sculptures of the main event
- Information and fun from the Junior League's "Fit by the Forkful" cookbook project
The main event begins at 7 p.m. in the Auditorium. Corbian Visual Arts and Dance uses electroluminescent wire (or "el wire") to create puppet-like sculptures of all sizes that light up the stage, dancing and moving their way through the unique story of Darwin the Dinosaur. For more information about the performance, visit our website.
To read the State Journal-Register's article about the performance, click here.